I wanted to record my anxieties to look back on. That's a lot of what this blog is about. Yes, I want to keep everyone updated, but it is sort of a diary for me, too. I will be keeping a journal while I'm there and I hope to write in it every day, but we will see if I can stick to that. I know it will be cool to look back on later.
This is what I'm nervous about:
- Being away from my family and Randall for so long
- Missing my friends at JMU
- Not getting along with everyone in the program
- Getting sick in another country
- Forgetting something I need at home
- Losing my passport
- Getting pick pocketed
- Not being able to learn the language fast enough
- The time change - not being able to talk to those at home when I want/need to
- Hating the food - I'm so picky, but I'm going to try everything
- Getting stuck beside a smelly person on my 8 hour plane ride
- Jet lag
- Somehow missing my flight
I know some of those are silly, but it's what I'm worried about. I pray these anxieties go away so I can get pumped for tomorrow!